Is the training arm of the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA). It was established on 10th June 1985 through the joint efforts of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The Training Centre is located in Dar es Salaam at the Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA) Terminal One Building.
Through CATC, substantial improvements have taken place in Africa to meet the training needs and requirements of the aviation industry; thousands of men and women from organisations representing the aviation sector in Eastern, Western and Southern Africa have acquired knowledge, skills and attitude which have tremendously raised their value and improved job performance.
- ISO 9001: 2008 Certified
- Associate member of ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS, Montreal, Canada
- Registered with National Council for Technical Education (NACTE)- Tanzania
- Approved Aviation Training Organization by Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority and Burundi Civil Aviation Authority
- African Aviation Training Organization (AATO) Council Member
- Corporate member of Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport(CILT), London